Sunday, September 9, 2012

Tears

Today was a great day.

Do you ever have days like that? Where, even though you don't really do much, you just know it was a great day?

Sacrament meeting at church was wonderful.  Great talks, lots of laughs, wonderful spirit.  In all it was a great church meeting.

After church I did homework.  Got quite a bit done, too.  I was able to talk to my mom for a little while, which is always nice.  And I made dinner for my roommates.  It was delicious, and my roommates thanked me over and over, saying how good it was.  This was one of the best parts of my day.

And then, we watched a movie.  The Lost Valentine.  Let me tell you, do NOT get yourself on a 40s-50s movie kick.  It is WAY too emotional, WAY too wonderful, and just plain SAD.  This movie is one of the three movies I have ever cried at.  I cried in Forrest Gump, when Lieutenant Dan walks into the wedding ceremony on new legs; I cried in P.S. I Love You, because Gerard Butler is just so adorable and it is so SAD that he died; and I cried in The Lost Valentine.  The. whole. way. through.  From beginning to end I had tears on my face.  This movie is so touching and beautiful.  A woman loses her husband in WWII (missing in action) and goes to the train station every year on their anniversary, waiting for him.

It may all have something to do with the fact that for some reason, my absolute greatest passion is World War II.  I have no idea why this is so important to me.  But that war for reasons unknown strikes me in ways nothing else can.  It is strange to say I love a war, because I actually hate it with my whole being.  But I have this longing to know the stories of the people who experienced it, globally.  I don't want those years and everything following them to be forgotten.

I'm looking for the sunshine on a cloudy day.

<3 Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment