Saturday, September 8, 2012

1950s

Have you ever felt like you would fit better into a different era?  A different decade?  A time when people were so different from the way they are now.

As I study history and, mostly, watch movies, I feel more and more like I would have loved to grow up in the late 40s and 50s.  I know there is a reason I'm here now.  But those times, the way people lived and loved, seem so magical and so perfect to what I wish my life could be.

I just watched The Majestic, a film set in the 1950s.  The way they dressed, danced, played outside instead of watching a screen, worked together as a community, loved each other -- to me that is perfection.  That is the way life was meant to be lived.  It's not impossible to still live that way.  It is just so much more difficult due to the way the world has turned.

Life will always be remarkable.  It will always be a miracle, a thing worth fighting for and experiencing to the fullest.  It just saddens me that there is so much potential that seems to be slowly and steadily wasted as the years pass by.

If only I could live in the 50s.  At least, the movies make it seem fun.

<3 Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment