Friday, November 2, 2012

Road Trip

Life is a road trip.

Yes, I realize this is incredibly cliche. But as I sit in the passenger seat of Katie's Honda Accord listening to her shuffling iPod music, the comparisons to life cannot be ignored.

Ok, they absolutely could. But I choose not to ignore them, particularly for the purpose of having something to blog about today.

So life is a road trip. There are generally three choices for the passenger on a road trip.
1) You can take a nap. Just lean your head against the window, and lights out. You'll wake up when the car stops at your destination.
2) You can sit in companionable silence with the driver. Listen to the radio, look out the window at your surroundings, enjoy time alone in your head. . . or not.
3) You can sing along, very loudly and (likely) off-key, to the songs on the iPod. "Rumor has it he's the one I'm leaving you for!" "Some nights I stay up cashing in my bad luck, some nights I call it a draw." "Shaboom, oh life could be a dream, sweetheart." "Love love me do, you know I love you!"

I clearly chose the third.

Life is all about choices we make on our journey.

<3 Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment