Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Catch CCR and Put 'Em in Your Pocket

Wo is me! I am a terrible person.  Particularly a blogger-person. It's been a whole week! Honestly, I don't know why it's so hard for me to keep up with this.

Moving on.

Yesterday I was walking on campus toward my first class for the day.  I was strolling along, laden down with heavy books (as always), earbuds in my ears playing awesome oldies songs.  As I walked I began recognizing that I was attracting the attention of many people around me.  They were not happily acknowledging my existence but rather were staring incredulously, as if I were incredibly stupid for some reason or another.  I couldn't understand it.  Was it because the buckles on my boots jingled when I walked?  I admit they made a slightly irritating *clink clink* noise with every step.  No, that probably wasn't it.  OH NO, was I not wearing pants? Nope, my jeans snuggly covered my lower body.  I definitely had a shirt on, since I was bundled up against the winter chill that after nearly three years I am still unaccustomed to.  What was it then?  I turned my music up louder and lowered my head.  That was when I noticed.  My earbuds were in my ears, all right.  But they weren't attached to the device that was playing the music.  Creedence Clearwater was blasting out of my coat pocket.  And everyone was staring.

I was thrown into wakefulness by the horrendous musical chimes of my alarm clock.  Seriously, no matter which tune I choose for my alarm, it is always annoying.  Always.  I think it's impossible to wake up gently from an alarm.  The only way is to wake up when you just can't sleep any longer.  That's the way it should be.  Moving on. . . I was very very happy to realize I had been dreaming.  Honestly, a girl can only take so much embarrassment in her life.  I certainly couldn't handle this story if it were true.  I have plenty of true stories to make up for it, though, believe me.

<3 Mel

1 comment:

  1. THis reminds me of earlier this semester I was in the computer lab and I put on the headphones and clicked on a video link. I couldn't hear it very well so I turned the volume up. Then a girl behind me tapped me on the shoulder. "Uh, I don't think your headphones are plugged in," she said. I was so embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete