Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Dreaming of a Not-So-White Christmas

I wanted to write something clever today, perhaps something inspiring or important.  But all I can think to say is that I'm excited.

I am so excited.  This time of year is my favorite.  But you have finals and projects and hard things! you might say.  Yes, I do! I'll tell you why I'm excited about it.

I love the last week of classes and finals week. I'm finishing all the hard work I put in throughout the semester, I have established new friendships in my classes, I am nearing a new beginning, and it's Christmastime! I love that we work hard for a solid week and then feel an enormous release of tension as soon as our last test is concluded.  A three-week break with absolutely nothing to do! We can't have homework because we don't have classes! I can be completely free for three weeks.  I do not mind at all working hard and studying intensely for one week when that is my promised reward.

Not only am I free for three weeks, but I also get to go home! I get to return to San Diego and see my family, and spend all of my time with them. I get to participate in our Christmas traditions and go on a trip (this year we're going to San Francisco!), and fully enjoy the spirit of Christmas, without worry or stress.

Can you think of a better present?  I sure can't.

One tough week is so worth it.  And that's why I'm excited.

The sunshine is coming soon!

<3 Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment